Midwest Region Young People's Department
Mrs. Wanda Hines, Midwest Region Youth Director
2012 Conference a BIG Success!
Below are portions of a letter of appreciation that was sent to our Convention President and the Woman’s Auxiliary President about the 2012 Midwest Region Youth Conference:
"Thank you for giving the General Baptist State Convention of WI., Inc. Delegates an opportunity to experience and participate in the National Baptist Convention Midwest Regional Youth Conference in Cleveland, OH. The delegates appeared to have received spiritual growth, new experiences and other positive rewards.
"Some of the comments made by our delegates were as follows:
- I learned a lot in my class…and it was fun
- The Youth Ministers on Thursday and Friday (The ministers were 19 years old and 20 years old or about.) were “good”.
- The spiritual fellowship was awesome.
- I enjoyed being around other youth my age.
- I am looking forward to participating in the Rites of Passage next year.
- I have never stayed in a hotel.
- The hotel was fantastic.
- I am going to keep the soap, hair conditioner and shampoo as souvenirs.
- I want to attend the Midwest Youth Conference next year.
- This is my first time leaving Wisconsin.
- I enjoyed participating in the Parade of States.
- Thank you Brother Brown for driving us to various sites in Cleveland.
"Once again thank you for giving us an opportunity to attend the Midwest Youth Conference."
Be on the lookout for information about our 2013 Conference - Coming Soon!
"We had a really nice time at the Midwest Regional Youth
Conference in Minneapolis. It was a long ride from Indianapolis to
Minnesota, but we saw some cool things along the way. The first day of
the conference, we enjoyed and participated in the Parade of States. The
kids from different states got up and told facts about their home
state. It was very nice of the people from Wisconsin to give us key
chains and postcards. We told everyone about our state of Indiana and
we put together a poster of facts to show during the parade. On Friday,
we had classes for all ages. Minister Grant Lewis was our teacher and
he talked to us about our Mission, Our Image and our Faith. We should
not be like everyone else. Be different. After class, we went canvasing
at a park. We passed out packs of food and a bracelet to everyone and
told them that Jesus loves them. That was fun. Friday night made us
very nervous. We both had to speak in front of everyone, but we did
okay. There was a choir of young people singing and they were great!
We had a wonderful time meeting new friends and seeing kids that we had
met before. After the conference, we went to the Mall of America and had
Reflections on the 2010 Midwest Region Youth Conference
July 22-24, 2010 - Minneapolis, MN
Sean Hanley, Sunshine Band President, IN
Robert Hanley, IN
Mid West Youth Conference
Mrs. Wanda Hines, Mid-West Regional Youth Director
Dr. Marian Hockenhull, National Youth Director
Dr. Hugh Dell Gatewood, Woman Auxiliary President
Dr. Julius Scruggs, National Baptist Convention USA, Inc., President