Affordable Care Act - Health Care Insurance Resources
Did You Know...
- An estimated 7.3 million African Americans with private insurance now have access to expanded preventive services with no cost sharing. These services include well-child visits, blood pressure and cholesterol screenings, Pap tests and mammograms for women, and flu shots for children and adults.
- The 4.5 million elderly and disabled African Americans who receive health coverage from Medicare also have access to many preventive services with no cost-sharing, including annual wellness visits with personalized prevention plans, diabetes and colorectal cancer screening, bone mass measurement and mammograms.
- More than 500,000 young African American adults between ages 19 and 25 who would otherwise have been uninsured now have coverage under their parent’s health plan.
Affordable Care Act Resources to Download or Visit:
Download more Fact Sheets here: http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/facts-and-features/fact-sheets/index.html
Additional Affordable Care Act Resources:
Health Insurance Marketplace. For more information about the Health Insurance Marketplace including official resources, research, news, text message and email updates visit http://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/index.htmlState by State Fact Sheets. Choose your state to learn more about the immediate benefits of the Affordable Care Act http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/facts-and-features/state-by-state/index.html
Telephone Support. There are now four toll-free telephone numbers to answer questions about the health care law.
- The Health Insurance Marketplace telephone number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 1-800-318-2596, TTY: 1-855-889-4325
- The Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) telephone number is available for small businesses with 50 or less employees. The telephone number is available Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm: 1-800-706-7893, TTY: 1-800-706-7915