Church Policy & Polity Resources
Many Baptist Church Policy and Polity questions can be answered by reviewing the information contained in the references on this page. If you would like to recommend a Church-related resource, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Links to Resources on this page:
Goodwin, Everett C. 1995. The New Hiscox Guide for Baptist Churches. Valley Forge, PA: Judson Press
Hiscox, Edward T. 1981. The Baptist Church Directory: A Guide to the Doctrines and Discipline, Officers and Ordinances, Principles and Practices of Baptist Churches. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press.
Also available online at www.Walmart.com for approximately $15.00.
Hiscox, Edward T. 1981. The Hiscox Guide for Baptist Churches. Valley Forge, PA: Judson Press
Mullins, E.Y. 1983. Baptist Beliefs. Valley Forge, PA: Judson Press
A New Baptist Church Manual. 1986. Valley Forge, PA: Judson Press
Jordan, Lewis Garnett. 1929. The Baptist Standard Church Directory and Busy Pastor's Guide: A.M. Townsend [and] E.W.D. Isaac. Nashville: Sunday School Publishing Board.
MMBB (The Ministers and Missionaries Benefit Board) supports churches and faith-based institutions by providing resources on clergy compensation, pastoral budgeting, church taxes, clergy taxes and benefits. (visit: MMBB):
From the Church Mutual website (Church Mutual)
Safety Resources covering issues from sexual offenders, child abuse, senior facilities, passenger vans, background checks/screening, and other safety and liability issues.
Christianity Today Resources (Christianity Today)Leadership Journal. Description from the website: "Leadership is written by experienced church leaders and pastors who understand what it's like to be in the heart of ministry. They'll guide you through what they've learned in their church role so you can be one step ahead."
Total Praise: A Worship Resource for Every Generation
This is why you need Total Praise:
- It is the hymnal designed for the NBC, USA, Inc. and will be part of our shared common heritage for years to come.
- It is more than a hymn book. It is a worship resource manual for pastors, musicians, choir directors, and praise team leaders.
- It includes well written litanies for worship and other special days.
- It includes indices for responsive reading, litanies, scriptures, and topics so that songs can be selected that fit the occasion.
- It has the best of songs included in modern ministry setting such as the music of Richard Smallwood, Kurt Carr, and other modern greats.
- It includes songs of various musical genres, hymns, spirituals, historic as well as modern gospel, and praise and worship songs.
- It features new writers and songs reflecting the growing tradition of the Church.ORDER ONLINE TODAY!
National Baptist Hymnal. This hymnal is also available through the Sunday School Publishing Board at www.sspbnbc.com or:
Sunday School Publishing Board
330 Charlotte Avenue
Nashville, TN 37201-1188
Phone: 800 359-9398
Fax: 615 242-4929
Gospel Pearls. This is a frequently requested hymnal resources, and it is our understanding that it is out of print. However, one savvy member of the Convention located an online vendor, "International Bibles" that lists they have copies in stock. Note that this is the "red binder" version, not the original tan binder. While we are providing this resource for you, you will need to determine if this is a reliable source from which to place an order. Here is the link for your convenience: http://www.internationalbibles.com/catalog/books/hymnals/index.htm