Southeast Region YPD Annual Conference (Charlotte, NC)
July 31 . August 2, 2014 (all day)
1 May 2014
Greetings State Directors, YPD Directors and Volunteers, Chaperons, and YPD Delegates,
Excitement is in the air as the 10th
Annual Southeast Region Youth Conference approaches, to be held in Charlotte, NC, July 31st
– August 2nd
, 2014. The YPD of North Carolina, our host state, the host church, Silver Mount Baptist Church, the Reverend Dr. Lincoln C. Lee, Pastor, and local host chairperson, Mr. Chandler Sanders, are leaving no stone unturned as they make preparations to welcome us to their home.
The Conference hotel, Marriott TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood is only about two miles from the church, and they, too, are looking forward to providing excellent service. Rooms are filling quickly, so make your reservations immediately to be assured a suite.
Information about conference activities is in the 2014 Southeast Region Information Book, so the following is just to highlight some important deadlines:
- ART CONTEST - Entries for the design to be used on our Conference materials (I.D., program cover, tickets, etc.) are to be submitted no later than 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 31st, 2014, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE - Registration for delegates must be submitted by Tuesday, July 1st. Include meal ticket, Rose Pageant, Scholarship donation, and Mission (Pennies from Heaven) donation. The 1st place prize is for the state with the most delegates registered by the July 1st deadline. On-site registration must have the approval of National YPD Director Hockenhull.
- MISSION IN ACTION – Bring canned goods for donation to Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina (SHFBM). There will be a prize for the state with the largest donation..
- ELECTIONS – Candidates must have the endorsement of the State YPD Director or his or her designee and will present a 3-minute campaign speech
- Each delegate must bring a completed LIABILITY FORM (see the Addendum in the Information Book). God has blessed us mightily, and we have had no casualties, but it is better to be safe than sorry.
- Each state should register at least one participant in each age category for the Rose Pageant. Remember that the young ladies must wear white, and their escorts should wear a suit and tie.
- Delegates must pre-register no later than Tuesday, July 1st, to participate in the Talent Showcase (see the Addendum in the Information Book).
- Each state should be prepared to present its State Choir, State Drama, and field teams in the Sports Olympics.
- State Souvenirs will be included in the backpack received upon registration. Please provide 200 items no later than Wednesday, July 30th, at 8:00 p.m. If you will be arriving later than that, please contact the Director.
- Each delegate should bring a t-shirt with no writing on it for the Get-to-Know You Signature Swap at the end of the Opening Worship Celebration on Thursday, July 31st.
Delegates should come prayed up and ready to participate fully. Everyone should be full of praise and ready to worship God as well as to learn more about Him and develop a closer relationship with Him through our worship services, classes and workshops. Other activities will allow each young person to shine as God has gifted him or her from the choir to sports.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me by email, text, or phone.
In Christ’s Service,
Mrs. Karen McKinney Holley
Click here to download the Registration Form