In addition to providing emergency funding, seminars, workshops, instructional and informational materials, newsletters, etc., the Home Mission Board also develops and assists in the implementation of model programs for and with congregations and communities.
Examples of these programs are:
- HMB Regions and Regional Representatives. The assignment of an HMB Representative to each of the five geographical regions to assist state conventions, associations, and churches in the development and enhancement of Home Mission Ministries.
- HMB Church/Pastoral Support Program for New Church Starts
Designed to provide some financial and material assistance to aid in new church starts for communities without appropriate NBC, USA, Inc. presence.
- Quarterly Newsletter "The M & M Home Mission Quarterly Report." A quarterly compilation of "How To" articles and up to date information on various Home Mission Ministries and HMB Activities.
- HMB Ecclesiastical Endorsement (Chaplains) Program
The Office of the Ecclesiastical Endorser for the NBC,USA, Inc., has been in continuous operation for over fifty-five (55) years with the express purpose of endorsing and providing spiritual support to the clergy, of this Convention, who minister to the hundreds of thousands of persons in the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Veterans Affairs through their respective Chaplaincy Programs.
- Chaplaincy Training Requirements