The Health Ambassador Challenge
First Lady Michelle Obama's Health Ambassador Challenge
U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama spoke at Northland Church in Longwood, on Florida February 11, 2012 as part of a three-day trip to mark the two-year anniversary of her "Let's Move" initiative. In her remarks, Mrs. Obama called out the National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. to train and deploy 10,000 health ambassadors, reaching 10,000 of our churches. During this speech the First Lady mentioned "No Fry Zones" and "Taste Test Sunday"- both are healthy eating initiatives born in National Baptist Churches. She also challenged us to reach the goal of 10,000 Health Ambassadors by September 2012. Health Ambassadors - individuals trained to lead healthy living programs at their local churches - are a product of the H.O.P.E. initiative of the Congress of Christian Education. (Click here to read the full story and listen to her speech)
Won't you join the movement to train and develop at least two (2) Health Ambassadors in every National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. church?
Health Ambassadors enjoy the following benefits:
- Let's Move! Health Ambassador Training (HA) - Free!
- NBCUSA Certified Health Ministry Ambassador (CHMA) - Free!
- Monthly e-updates (information about monthly health observances, news)
- Quarterly e-newsletter (success stories, recipes, Health and Human Services partnership reports)
- Annual congregational health guide
- Discount on H.O.P.E. Faith and Health Conference
- Annual calendar of suggested health and wellness observances
- Certified Health Ministry Ambassador (CHMA) Certificants may purchase a pendant ($7 plus S&H)
- Recognition on First Lady Michelle Obama's Roster of Health Ambassadors
First Lady's Health Ambassadors’ Challenge ($25 minimum)
Are you up for the Challenge to help us reach our goal of 10,000 Health Ambassadors?
Click here to sign up:
We accept MasterCard, Visa & Discover Cards
Note: Each Health Ambassador must complete a separate application.
More Healthy Congregation Opportunities
In addition to becoming a Health Ambassador, you will also have an opportunity to sign up for the following:
- H.O.P.E. Ministry Supporter ($25 Minimum)
- First Lady’s for the First Lady Challenge ($50)
- NBCUSA Certified Health Ministry Advocate (CHMD - $25)
- NBCUSA Certified Congregational Health Leader (CCHL - $50)
- Re-Certification (Every two years - $50)