Make the First Five Count Sunday - NBC, USA, Inc. and Easter Seals
By Janet Jamieson | March 20, 2012
The National Baptist Convention has designated April 2012 as Easter Seals Awareness Month, specifically promoting “Make the First Five Count Sunday” on April 1, 2012. National Baptist Church congregations are asked to spread the word about the importance of early intervention and developmental delays on Make the First Five Count Sunday by:
- Downloading the Make The First Five Count Sunday Worship Guide Insert for distribution to your membership on Sunday, April 1, 2012.
- Distributing Easter Seals Make the First Five Count fact sheets to members of your congregation – asking them to share this important message with their family members and friends.
- Asking members of the congregation to join Easter Seals in our efforts to encourage Congress to not cut funding for Part C Early Intervention Programs by signing the Make the First Five Count petition at MaketheFirstFiveCount.org.
- Encouraging parents to complete the Ages & Stages Questionnaires® at www.easterseals.com giving all parents free access to a valuable screening tool from Brookes Publishing.
- Encouraging members of your congregation to go to Easter Seals’ Website www.easterseals.com to find the location closest to them where they can access Easter Seals screenings and services.
The first five years of children’s lives are years of incredible learning that shape their futures. This, alone, is a reason to assure that all children have access to the resources they will need to learn and grow. Every year, millions of young children with unidentified disabilities and developmental delays enter school with learning and health issues that put them far behind their peers and have a lasting, negative effort on their ability to meet their full potential. Easter Seals strives to be part of the solution in this area. We serve more than 90,000 children each year through early intervention programs – using therapies that work to strengthen children’s physical, social, emotional, and intellectual abilities from infancy.
If you have any questions regarding this partnership or need additional information, contact:
Janet D. Jamieson • Director, Communications and Corporate Relations • firstname.lastname@example.org