Mission & Objectives
The mission of the Convention is to fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ through preaching, teaching, and healing.
In addition to such ancillary purposes and statutory powers as are detailed in its Articles of Incorporation, the basic objectives and corporate purposes of this voluntary global fellowship are as follows:
- To unite National Baptist churches, district associations, and state conventions in Christian evangelism so as to fulfill the Great Commission of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ through preaching, teaching, and healing;
- To promote home and foreign mission efforts;
- To encourage and support Christian education;
- To publish and distribute Sunday School and other Christian literature, music, and other works of art and religious expression; and
- To engage in any other endeavors deemed fitting and proper in order to advance the cause of Jesus Christ throughout the world.